We've been working on an FHIR-compliant REST API with IBM Integration Bus that allows interoperation between a Laboratory Information System (LIS) and a Hospital Information (HIS) System with EHR (Electronic Health Record), here are the benefits we've encountered with our approach.
• Feasibility of divesting a legacy LIS while simultaneously implementing and progressing a new WAS/NodeJS/IIB/DB2 based LIS.
• Capability to innovate came back to the organization.
• The operation of a multi-layered and micro-services oriented architecture supported on state of the art development tools.
• Ability to have a development team with lower dependency on individual developers.
• Future-proofing interoperability using REST API and FHIR
• Flexible services, nimble development, faster execution.
• Almost limitless scalability with IIB and DB2 pureScale
• Enablement of new Systems of Engagement via BPM, Digital Experience and MobileFirst
• Responsive design in all GUIs and REST API call for every resource.
• Enablement of new Systems of Insight via Watson Analytics.
If you want to learn more about our mobile healthcare interoperability, HL7 FHIR with IBM Integration Bus and IIB infrastructure, our team will be happy to discuss your specific requirements.