Reading Time: 3 minutes
This is our fourth post in the series of "5 Common problems to solve with a Hybrid Cloud implementation: Why Hybrid Cloud makes business sense"
Innovation in today's business is highly dependent on the ability for IT to deliver tangible results with speed and agility. Elements hardly sustainable as enterprises evolve into complex mixtures of different technologies and standards.
When a company is confined to:A specific hardware or software platform
A version of an operating system because if they move forward with the latest version, their applications will not work
An application vendor that does not follow open industry standards
The ability of the organization to innovate and disrupt its industry becomes hindered, eventually affecting its capacity to compete in a modern digital economy.
| Before moving forward in our conversation we need to introduce the following concepts:
If a company is unable to provide ubiquitous access to its Systems of Record data in a secure, orderly and programmatic way, most effectively exposing APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) to a new breed of mobile and browser-based applications, the organization will be unable to meet customer demands for a new era of Systems of Engagement.
By adopting Hybrid Cloud and implementing it a business will benefit and be able to start or become once again a business in motion, that:
- Puts mobile first: because this is the new first point of engagement customers, partners and employees.
- Reinvents its business design and processes: to meet new expectations for instant, seamless and insightful interactions
- Adopts a flexible and secure integration model: so that back-office systems can keep pace with rapid change
- Becomes Insight- and Data-Driven: to uncover opportunities, build efficiencies and make informed decisions
- Builds on open architecture: by going beyond your enterprise and simplifying application development
Other posts in this series are:
If you like what you are reading, download our guide:
Make sure to Subscribe to Our Blog to receive our team updates about Digital Transformation and Hybrid Cloud.